Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MIdway Trail of Horror in Statesville NC

We traveled to Statesville NC to Check out Midway Trail of Terror.

So in this Haunted House the cover is $20 which to me and my crew was way to much for what we had to go thru to get it.

So starts out that you had to stand in line to get tickets which was expected, but the line was far shorter than any line I have seen and it took us around 45 minutes to get thru the first line. Then you go back behind the ticket booth to stand in another line about the same size and they one prior. So about another 45 minutes you are finally getting on a tractor pulled wagon(good for setting the mood of the trail). After about a 5 minute tractor ride up the hill,which is kinda boring. They need more actors out here trying to scare you on the way up. On the ride up you get excited your like finally, we get to go in, but dont get your hopes up just yet. The line at the top of the hill is like twice the other two lines put together.The few actors that they have interacting with people in line are ok they could have used some training. So about an hour and a half standing in this line you are finally ready to go in( I dont know what was going on, maybe a break was the cause or maybe someone getting hurt). So you enter into what looks like a shed, and then it starts gettin good. I did get scared a few times thru this. And then after making you way thru the first senario. You enter a Graveyard(you should have seen the sheer excitement on my face). Making our way thru here, we get to this on part that has about four coffins about waist level in a wall(I'll not tell you what happens cause I'm not about to hand out spoilers) but needles to say that I ended up on my hands and knees going thru here possibly quite faster than anyone has ever gone thru there. So after exiting this room I stand up thinking that im done, yet to only find that im standing in an actual graveyard(full of props of course but somehow real coffins), so after full force running thru there I nearly knocked the guy down in front of me(this is tending to become a trend). After the Graveyard you come to this guy who is quite possibly the BEST actor of the season, KUTOS to him. So he goes on tell you in a very demandig tone....watch the steps and the heads and go out the hole in the back...when you get to the maze dont ask for help cause I'm not gonna help you. He was awesome!!! Then you enter the Maze which is the last and shortest of the three, but however takes you the longest to get thru. Enuf said about that one.
   There was also a concessions stand here, but cannot say anything about it cause I did not get a chance to test it out( after the long wait we just wanted to be home).
   Midway Trail of Horror gets a 3 star rating from me. Once you get past the over two hours wait it is really good and fun to pass thru. So I say if you have nothing better to do with your time, then go for it.

When you have an irrational fear of coffins, you find that no matter what they will get you MOVING...on your hand and knees, or just flat out running in general.

After we got done with the Haunted House(well let me back track...while in the first line...I noticed kids jumping on what I though was a trampoline) I said to my crew, "Hey lets go jump on this trampoline". Which turns out to be a huge air pillow, and us jumping on the giant air pillow turned out to be the highlight of the night, and we really need one of those here in Galax

No comments:

Post a Comment